Thursday, February 24, 2011

Death of the MIDI Controller

When I first started with software synthesizers I chose the M-Audio Keystation 61es as my controller. Recently it started to "fall asleep" in the midst of band practice and other times which just can't happen, especially during a show. So, using the 3 year warranty I had purchased for my controller I sent it in for a refund. With the money I got in return I decided to upgrade and bought the M-Audio Axiom Pro 61 key. I'm so glad that I did too. Immediately after setting up the Axiom Pro in Record 1.5 I could feel the connection that the software and the controller made. To get the full benefit of the controller I suggest you read the manual, which I believe customer support should reply to all e-mails with "RTFM." Accordingly I  will releasing a youtube series on how to properly set up your axiom Pro controller and how to edit it's functions to your liking. As a mac user, the hardest part in Record 1.5 is switching from the Mixer, Rack, and Sequencer. The shortcuts are F5, F6 and F7, which are sub-keys which require you to press the fn key at the same time. With the Axiom pro, I was able to program 3 of the buttons to act as those keys so my hands never have to leave the controller. No matter what, during editing I will always use my mouse because I choose precision of accessibility. Although, the navigation buttons which Automat to the software you use work fine when browsing through your song. The point is I love my new controller and can't wait to use it for a live show! Stay tuned for videos about the Axiom Pro and browse through the links below to see what I used in this post.

  















You can buy Reason 5 and Record 1.5 at amazon.com!
Buy the Reason and Record Duo for a discounted price!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment with ideas and thoughts about anything you want.